Saturday 30 July 2011

Cocktail Recipe - White Russian (Photos)

.

My lovely Better Half recently bought me a professional cocktail kit (below) and a book containing the recipes for 200 cocktails and shots. (Links to the products at the end of this entry!!)

The cocktail kit includes a mixing glass, shaker, strainer, single and double measures, bar spoon and a muddler.


YOU WILL NEED (Makes 2 servings):
Mixing Glass
Shaker
Ice
2 measures of Vodka (any brand)
2 measures of Tia Maria (any brand)
300ml Whole Milk
50-75ml Double Cream


METHOD:

  • Add the ice (a good handful and then a little for good luck!), the Vodka, Tia Maria, 300ml of whole milk and around 50-75ml of double cream into the shaker.
  • Secure the mixing glass into the shaker, and SHAKE!! You need to shake until the metal shaker develops a thin layer of condensation on the outside.
  • Remove the mixing glass and serve in a highball glass.
  • Add a straw... ENJOY!! :)



2 comments

Unknown said...

Ooo this looks nice! I've never actually made my own cocktails before, I can't even remember the ones of any I've tasted in bars haha.

Gemma Wright said...

I did a spot of Bartending in Majorca a few years back and still have a love for it! I kept mentioning to him about getting a cocktail kit for the new house and he surprised me with this!! It's been getting a lot of use! I'm just about to update this blog entry with links to different cocktail sets :) Maybe have a look at them and treat yourself?

All of the ingredients I used are available in any supermarket and I'll be posting other recipes as I go through my book. Pineapple Mojito next?!
:h:
Gx

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Gemma Wright
I'm 22 years old and from Bonnie Scotland. I enjoy nights out, nights in, cocktails, films, cinema and general banter. I'm moving to Glasgow with my better half shortly, so expect a lot of posts about flat viewings and items we've bought to kit out the new place!
View my complete profile