Sunday 14 August 2011

Review - E.L.F (Eyes)

.

So, as promised, I'm finally reviewing the E.L.F products I purchased (and blogged about) a few weeks ago. 


I'll do 3 separate posts; This one, containing eye products, another containing lip products and a final one with the face products.






Photographed above are:
Beauty Encyclopedia - Sparkle Eyes
(then top to bottom)
Liquid Eyeshadow - Sexy Silver
Liquid Eyeshadow - Cream Dream
Shimmer Eye Pencil - Iconic Ivory
Shimmer Eye Pencil - Black Bandit
Eye Widener - White


Beauty Encyclopedia - Sparkle Eyes
I am loving this product!!




It has 12 eyeshadows, of which 10 are full of glitter, 2 are slightly more matte. 2 creamy highlighters in white and a semi-opaque pink. 1 eyeliner in Coffee. 1 dual ended applicator, with a brush at one end and a sponge at the other.


I've swatched the shades to give you an idea of how they look on skin, in natural daylight:



Top Row L-R, then Second Row L-R

Third Row L-R, White Highlighter, Pink Highligter, Coffee Eyeliner
As I hope you can see in the photos, the purple and maroon shades (third row, 2nd and 3rd shades) have no shimmer/glitter in them and are very much a matte shade. My favourite shades from this are the white, silvers and black. Very much my going-out look, however, I do love the bronze shades for a day look, with minimal make-up everywhere else!


Another great feature of this kit is the inside of the 'book'... 
It gives tips and instructions on how to get the best from your kit. I'm pretty good with eyeshadows, and am able to great different looks, but for someone who is perhaps new to make up, or nervous about trying something new... Fantastic!!


Liquid Eyeshadows (Cream Dream and Iconic Silver)




Don't have too much to say about these. Highly pigmented. Lovely shades. Very creamy feel. Overall great, until... after wear, these crease and fade pretty badly. Won't be using these regularly. Most likely to continue using 'Cream Dream' as a highlighter along my brow bone.


Shimmer Pencils and Eye Widener


Top - Bottom: Shimmer Pencil (Iconic Ivory), Shimmer Pencil (Black Bandit), Eye Widener (White)

L-R: Shimmer Pencil (Iconic Ivory), Shimmer Pencil (Black Bandit), Eye Widener (White)


If you read and remember my post, ''What's in my Make-Up Bag?'', you'll know that I love and swear by Barry M eyeliner in Black...


NOT ANYMORE!!


I love E.L.F Eye Widener in White. Never thought I would ditch my old faithful, but this is just amazing! My eyes look fresher, prettier and more awake with this.


My recent going out look has used all 3 products - Eye Widener in White, on my waterline, Shimmer Pencil in Iconic Ivory in the inner corner 'V' shape, and Shimmer Pencil in Black Bandit traced lightly under my lower lash line to add definition and make my eyes look MASSIVE after finishing with my Avon Mascara!


If you haven't tried White Eyeliner... Please try it!! I wish I had tried this long before now!


------------------------------------------------------------


Just to finish this post, I'd like to share with you all my experience of E.L.F as a company, how they are to deal with etc.


I mentioned in ''E.L.F Cosmetics'', the website as a whole, the checkout and paying process are very user friendly and I was very impressed with the lay out and the functionality. Also, after paying I received a receipt from 'Sage Pay' and an order confirmation from E.L.F instantly.


After receiving the order confirmation, I sat back and waited on my goods to arrive. I ordered on Friday 29th July. I received an email the following Tuesday advising that they were ''experiencing significant delays due to the recent promotion'' and they expected that ''all orders placed up to 28th July would be picked and dispatched by Friday 5th July.''


Not a problem, I understand fully, that they only have so many hands and received and unprecedented response to their 50% off promotion. 


However, being the inpatient person that I am, I just couldn't wait for at least another week for my products. I went online to the E.L.F site and found a number for their Customer Services department. I called them on Thursday 4th August and inquired about the possibility of upgrading to guaranteed next day. The lovely lady I spoke to (didn't catch her name but 5* for customer service!!) advised that I could do that, all I had to do was pay £4 to upgrade (the difference between the £2.95 I originally paid for standard delivery and the £6.95 they charge for next day). Fair deal!! I paid the £4.00 and thanked the lady one too many times before coming off the phone, a VERY happy customer. Later that afternoon, I received a text message and email advising that my package had been picked and dispatched.


On Friday Morning, the box arrived at my work!! Absolutely fantastic.


Customer service from E.L.F is second to none! From the order confirmation, to queries, to upgrading, to receiving the package... Highly recommend this company!

0 comments

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Gemma Wright
I'm 22 years old and from Bonnie Scotland. I enjoy nights out, nights in, cocktails, films, cinema and general banter. I'm moving to Glasgow with my better half shortly, so expect a lot of posts about flat viewings and items we've bought to kit out the new place!
View my complete profile