Friday 29 July 2011

What's in my make-up bag?

.

I will admit to being a faithful follower of certain brands when it comes to beauty products. The only time I have changed, and tried something different was recently when I purchased by E.L.F products as detailed in my post below. I've yet to receive these but, rest assured, I will review each product and let you know which (if any) will be a permanent fixture in my daily make-up bag.


I have a lot of make-up in a beautiful silver embossed case and it's a big one! I also have a bronze make-up bag which contains the make-up I use on a daily basis.


I thought I would tell you all about the products I've been faithful to for the last 3 or 4 years!


FOUNDATION
I was previously using Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. After recommendations from many friends, I tried a sample of Estee Lauder Double Wear and I was a total convert!!

Source: Estee Lauder (Shade 1C1 Shell)


I wear shade '1C1 Shell' which is the lightest shade available in the Double Wear range. There is a grand total of 22 shades available!


Source: Estee Lauder (Colours available in the DW range)


It is a liquid foundation, not too runny though! I apply using a No.7 foundation brush and feel I am able to use this without a primer.


The coverage is described as'' Medium, Buildable, SPF 10'' with a ''Natural, Semi-Matte'' finish. I would agree. I don't need to use much to even out my skin tone and cover any little flaws. Just aswell at £26.50 per 30ml! A bottle lasts me around 6/7 months with daily use.


POWDER
I steer clear of Benefit products as a general rule. They're oily on my skin and make my skin come out in a rash.


However, I do use and love their ''Hello Flawless'' custom powder cover-up with SPF 15.


Source: Benefit Cosmetics ''Hello Flawless''
The beautifully packaged compact comes with a sponge and brush applicator. I keep both, but tend to only use my own large powder brush as I only use this product to 'set' my foundation and remove and prevent any shine.


It has a lovely silky feel on my skin. I've been using the same compact since March this year and it's still nowhere near done. RRP on Benefit site is £24.50 for 7g.


It comes in 11 shades so there's something for everyone! I use Ivory.


BRONZER
It's a cheap-y but a good-y!! ''Rimmel Natural Bronzer''. I've been using this product for as long as I can remember and I love that it's completely buildable and works brilliantly whether or not I have a tan.
Boots: Rimmel Natural Bronze
It's a bargain at only £5.59 (boots.com) for 16g. I've been using the same one for around 10 months now and it's only just starting to show the metal base!


EYELINER
I previously used and loved Rimmel, however after an introduction to Barry M's Kohl Pencil in Black, I've never looked back! Available in all the colours of the rainbow and more, it's a snip at only £2.99 from http://www.barrym.com/kohl-pencils.




It's a lovely pencil which gives intense colour and glides on with no dragging. It does fade with wear but I've never found any other pencil which gives such an intense black finish!




EYESHADOW
I'm currently using Avon's ''24K Gold Eyeshadow Quad'' in Gleam of Gold. I switch between palettes but I've always found that Avon eyeshadows give an amazing finish with a good amount of pigment.


Source: Avon Online


It has a beautiful shimmer without being TOO in your face, making it perfect for pretty eyes during the day. I use the nude shade (top left) on my whole eyelid up to my brow bone, before blending the gold shade (top right) over my eyelid and finishing off with a touch of the chocolate colour (bottom right) at the outer corners and blended in.


I buy direct from my local Avon Representative but it is available online too. It's £9.00 for the compact which includes an applicator and good sized mirror.


MASCARA
Again, I've tried MANY mascaras in search of the perfect product. I'm blessed with fairly long lashes but they are fairly sparce toward the outer corners. I tried ''Avon SuperShock Mascara'' 


Source: Avon Online
It has the biggest brush I have ever seen!! It's a product which requires 2 layers and a fair bit of working into the lashes and roots, but my god, it is worth it!!


It thickens my lashes without extending them too much. I've had several comments about 'false lashes' while wearing this mascara, if that's not a selling point, I don't know what is?!


It's £8.50 from Avon Online or your local Avon Rep.


LIP COLOUR
I use and love Maybelline's ''24HR Superstay Lipcolour''. It is a double ended lip colour with a highly pigmented lip stain at one end and a conditioning balm at the other.


Source: Maybelline
It comes in 18 shades and is £8.19 from your local boots store.


This product really does what it says. It just doesn't come off even after eating and drinking. The balm gives a lovely silky feel, with a light shine.


It's just amazing, and can't see myself deviating from this product for more than a day or two at a time.

2 comments

SJ said...

wow your blog has changed!! Its pretty!!

Gemma Wright said...

Glad you've noticed! I love the change!! Finally finding my feet with this thing and found how to use templates other than those supplied :h:

Gx

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Gemma Wright
I'm 22 years old and from Bonnie Scotland. I enjoy nights out, nights in, cocktails, films, cinema and general banter. I'm moving to Glasgow with my better half shortly, so expect a lot of posts about flat viewings and items we've bought to kit out the new place!
View my complete profile