Friday 29 July 2011

E.L.F Cosmetics

.

They say: ''We at e.l.f. believe that innovative technology, quality ingredients and superb delivery systems should not be limited to prestige retailers. Every woman should have the opportunity to participate in innovation, without sacrificing her budget. Our cosmetics are designed to improve and accentuate the individual, not hide her away. 


Launched in New York in 2004 and guided by American celebrity and beauty professional Scott-Vincent Borba (the man behind Hard Candy’s cosmetics line), e.l.f. is a revolutionary new beauty company, able to provide a line of cosmetics that moisturise, hydrate, and enliven your complexion without taxing your budget.

We are often asked how we are able to provide our customers with such wonderful products, most for as little as £1.50. By developing quality cosmetics and the highest standard of service, but using the internet for branding rather than higher-priced advertising media; by sourcing the best ingredients at competitive prices; and by prioritising our products, rather than their packaging, e.l.f. always provides you with quality and value.

e.l.f. has been a revolution in the beauty industry, turning heads away from more expensive brands with its unique approach. These values extend to our recently launched new range fine mineral make-up.

Some can’t believe that we are able to operate and grow with such low prices, but keep an eye on our Buzz section to catch some of the industrys' leading beauty editors' endorsements from GMTV, This Morning, Hello!, Marie Claire, Glamour, Grazia, The Times and many others.


e.l.f. arrived on British shores with it's much anticipated launch on 27th November 2007 and is run by Welsh brother and sister team, Neil Phillips and Jo Westlake from e.l.f. UK's HQ in sunny Swansea!!''


I finally bit the bullet and ordered a bumper haul of goodies which I cannot wait to receive and try! They are currently running a fantastic offer (50% off when you spend £30 or more until 1pm GMT on 30/07/2011) which allowed me to get 20 products for only £25.20 including delivery.

I was introduced to this brand via friends, online forums and a Facebook group I am a member of.

THE WEBSITE
I found the website to be very user friendly. Like most online stores it has various categories along the top bar, you hover your mouse over these and down pops a box to allow you to select your product. After you have selected your product, you have the choice of many shades where applicable. Checkout was seamless. Same procedure as many other sites I have used; enter billing details, email address, phone number (if you wish to receive a free text when your products have been dispatched) and upon submitting these details, you are taken to a SagePay site. This gives you MANY options to pay for your goodies, including Paypal. After paying I received a confirmation from E.L.F and SagePay within minutes. Very impressed!

MY GOODIES
I went a little crazy on the website and bought so many items I'm now unsure that they will actually fit in my make up box!!


Item
Item Details


All over color stick
Pink Lemonade



Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder
Warm Tan



Lip Stain
First Date



Plumping lip glaze
NEW - Fuchsia Fanatic



Plumping lip glaze
Oasis



Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil
Black Bandit



Mineral Infused Face Primer
Mineral Infused Face Primer



Mineral Glow
Shimmer Mineral Glow


Liquid Eyeshadow
Sexy Silver



All over color stick
Spotlight



Blushing, Bronzing and Blending Brush
Blushing, Bronzing and Blending Brush



Eye Widener
Eye Widener (white)



Liquid Eyeshadow
Cream Dream



Therapeutic conditioning lip balm
Strawberry Crème



Hypershine lip gloss
NEW - Bubble Gum



All Over Cover Stick
Apricot Beige (fair)



Beauty Encyclopedia
Sparkle Eyes



Natural Radiance Blusher
Shy



Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil
Iconic Ivory



Tone Correcting Concealer
Apricot Beige (fair)








I was amazed with the cost of delivery. Considering the size and weight my package will be, £2.95 is a bargain!

I will review each of these products when they arrive and try my best to give factual information about the products.

I will admit I am a little worried about how the quality of the products will be. I just feel that £1.50 for most items on the site is incredibly cheap but I have been assured that the quality is good, so here's hoping!!

2 comments

Christine said...

I love Elf Cosmetics, especially their Studio Line. Amazing quality products :)

Love Christine ♥

Gemma Wright said...

I've not ventured into the Studio range yet! I will shortly be moving house with my other half so my budget is only able to stretch to 50% off the regular range!! I will be trying the Studio range in the near future though!!
:h:
Gx

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Gemma Wright
I'm 22 years old and from Bonnie Scotland. I enjoy nights out, nights in, cocktails, films, cinema and general banter. I'm moving to Glasgow with my better half shortly, so expect a lot of posts about flat viewings and items we've bought to kit out the new place!
View my complete profile